Good news for smartphone owners. This programme does what its name suggests, which is to track down smartphones.
Now, don’t try to be creative here (though you can be =P ). It’s used to track down your own smartphone in the instance of theft. And here’s the catch, it’s free of charge.
Smartphone Tracker 22.214.171.124 beta is developed by Yaniv Nahum. It allows you to locate your phone via GPS coordinates, useful if your phone gets lost or stolen, and for locating missing family members.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Basically, SmartPhone Tracker is configured to listen for a certain text message (set by you). When it receives that text message, the program will wake up, activate the phone’s GPS and obtain a lock. Once it has GPS satellites locked, it will send an email or/and text message with a link to Google Maps with the mobile phone’s location and exact GPS coordinates. If there is no GPS reception for 5 minute, SmartPhoneTracker will send the approximate Cell Tower location.
KEY FEATURES OF THIS TRACKING PROGRAMME
- Remote operation by SMS code.
- Send location by SMS/Email.
- Background Mode.
- Google, Yahoo and WindowsLive Maps format support.
- SIM replacement detection and notification.
- Remote image capture.
- Cell tower location.
- Map view.
- Windows Mobile 5/6 (Important! Only for smartphones which run on Windows Mobile OS.)
- .NET Compact framework 2.0 (I also don’t know what the hell is this. Just ignore it anyway.)
- GPS receiver (If you watch those James Bond’s movies or Prison Break series, you will know this. If you don’t know anything about this, heed my advice, watch more TV for God’s sake!!!)
- Internet connection for email notifications, cell tower location and map view
From Me : As usual, please report if any link is broken.